For all you team drivers out there, being on the road for Valentine’s day doesn’t mean you can’t prepare a delicious and romantic meal for two using your inverter. Included below are recipes for Slow Cooker Deep-dish Pizza and Chocolate Cake!
First—are you as excited as I am that you can make pizza in a slow cooker?! Besides, you can never go wrong with pizza on Valentine’s Day. Second, is there anything better to end off your day than a chocolate cake? As both of these recipes use a slow cooker, so you may want to either plan having dessert a few hours after dinner or have two pots available (I know, I know…you have limited space in your cab. You’ll have to decide what works best for you).
Slow Cooker Deep-dish Pizza
- 1 can pizza dough
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- ½ pound sausage, cooked
- Other toppings as desired (I like to finely chop sweet bell peppers and onion, but really, any topping will work)
Note: This recipe works best in a large, oval 6-8 quart slow cooker, but any size and shape should work. You may need to adjust how much dough you use if your cooker is smaller.
- Roll the dough onto a large piece of parchment paper. Make sure to roll/stretch it to the shape of your cooker, plus about 2 inches on each side. Use the edges of the paper to lower your crust into the crock pot.
- Mix the Italian seasoning into the tomato sauce (alternatively, a bottle of pre-mixed red sauce is fine) and spread evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle the sausage, pepperoni, and other toppings evenly over the crust. Top with cheese. Lift and stretch the sides of the crust so that they stand above the toppings.
- Cover the slow cooker with a long piece of paper towel. Place the lid over the top of the paper towel and make sure it is pulled tight. This will help catch excess moisture.
- Cook the pizza for 2-4 hours on high, or 4-6 hours on low. When the pizza is done, lift it out by the edges of the parchment paper. Serve and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Chocolate Cake
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup baking cocoa
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Vanilla ice cream, raspberries, caramel optional
Note: This recipe works best in small 1 ½ quart slow cooker, but any size should work. If using a large cooker, your cake will be thinner and may cook faster.
- Mix together eggs, sugar, butter, and vanilla.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to egg mixture, beating after each addition.
- Transfer to greased slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs—about 2 ½ – 3 hours.
- Optionally, serve with ice cream and top with caramel and raspberries.
We hope you have a fantastic Valentine’s Day with those you care about most, no matter where your travels take you!