The Solar Bolt™ auxiliary battery charging system is a solar-powered battery charger that was specifically designed to integrate into heavy-duty vehicle electrical systems. It uses solar energy to help keep liftgate and auxiliary batteries charged—whether the vehicle is on or off.
It uses an MPPT controller to reduce the electrical load on the alternator, which reduces the mechanical load on the engine and reduces fuel costs over time.
The solar panels are flexible and lay flat when installed.
- Provides power to batteries whether vehicle is on or off
- Extends battery life
- Reduces fuel costs over time
- Helps liftgates run better and require less maintenance
- Maximizes number of liftgate cycles
- Minimizes battery-related road service, downtime, and delivery delays
- Provides three-stage charging that works in conjunction with the electrical system of a vehicle or trailer